Sunday 29 April 2012

Netwerking

So this is where stuff gets confusing. Netwerks is a group of self proclaimed fear hunters. A.K.A. a bunch of idiot humans with admittedly impressive connections who have rather limited knowledge of the fears and yet somehow believe that they can kill the unkillable. They consist of a woman (Karin's sister as Megan called her) named Regina. A man named Markus. (Megan wrote his name as Marcus the first time because she only heard it and assumed it was spelled with a C.) Lastly they also have a small group of supposed experts on the fears. Two nerds by the name of Samantha and Sabrina. I used one of them for my painting the other had not shown up to work today. Lucky her. No I do not know which one I killed. Anyways they had somehow found out about the events revolving around my sister and had kidnapped her shortly after her transformation and right out from under the claws of one of the Nightlanders. (The Nightlander Megan met in her room during the fire was not in fact the shadow but an ordinary Nightlander.) They believed somewhat correctly that capturing her would draw out either The Cold Boy, The Archangel or The Nightlanders/Shadow. What they planned to do if one of them showed up I'm not quite sure. They weren't even prepared for me how did they expect to handle one of those three. Speaking of which. I'm sure you're wondering why I acted the way I did. Scaring my own sister like that. Well to be honest I actually didn't recognize her until the third visit. My memory of my life before becoming The Muffin Man is foggy at best when it comes to details so her appearance was already difficult for me to remember and with her looking like one of the Cold Ones it was damn near impossible to recognize her. Also Markus. Why did he look like me? Well after they captured Megan they found out a bit about her background. Markus is essentially they're master of disguise. He was disguised as me in an attempt to get her to cooperate more. I was not happy when I found out they had taken my likeness and so I murdered him. I was even less happy when I realized the girl they captured was Megan. So I killed Regina too. I  may have gotten slightly carried away. My question may have seemed cruel as well but I was actually checking to see whether Megan was still human.

Now The Archangel is a bit more simple. He was allied with The Nightlanders trying to take down The Shadow. Unlike them though he spotted Megan for what she was. A distraction so he decided to kill her. He sent one of his servants to kill her. I admit I didn't recognize him when they passed me and my painting. Luckily The Shadow was able to save her. Oh as for the servant... His words to Megan at the end were rather cryptic. How she knew his name despite never meeting him before. Well she had met him. He was our father. I don't know when he joined The Archangel but he must have lost all his remaining humanity in the deal to of been willing to try and kill Megan like that. I killed him myself a little later.

After that I took a more active stance against The Archangel to protect Megan and for vengeance. He was the one responsible for taking me away from her and turning me into this after all. The fight in the bar later was unbelievably satisfying.

In case you're wondering. The guy in the bar survived but he has no eyes left. I think he is now considered the blind prophet of the local Timberwolves chapter. I should really visit soon and make him The castrated blind prophet.


No comments:

Post a Comment